The Libertyville Junior Woman’s Club (LJWC), is a community service organization that is pleased to accept applications for the “2018 Working Mother Scholarship" amounting to a minimum of $500. This scholarship is awarded to a working mother enrolled at CLC who desires to further her education and requires funding for the education process (tuition, books, etc).
1. Recipient must be a working mother.
2. Recipient must currently attend The College of Lake County, Lake County, Illinois.
3. Recipient must be seeking an associate, undergraduate or graduate degree.
1. Submit the information and/or materials outlined below:
- Application information sheet
- Personal statement outlining personal and professional goals
- One letter of recommendation
- An official transcript of grades
2. The LJWC Scholarship Committee will select a panel of judges from their membership who will interview the top candidates and select the scholarship recipient. You will be notified regarding the status of your application in April.
3. Payment will be made to the Financial Aid authority of the program in which the student is registered.
All materials may be sent to the following address or email:
Libertyville Junior Woman’s Club
P.O. Box 893
Libertyville, IL 60048
Attn: Scholarship Committee - Working Mother Scholarship
Please note that incomplete applications will automatically be disqualified.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applications must be postmarked by March 12, 2018. Please direct questions to the LJWC Scholarship Chairman at the address noted above.
*Letter of recommendation should come from someone other than a family member. You may want to contact a professor, teacher, clergy, employer, advisor etc. The Recommendation Form is included with the application.