The Libertyville Junior Woman’s Club (LJWC), is a community service organization that is pleased to accept applications for the “2018 Margaret Chickey Outstanding Female Student” scholarship amounting to a minimum of $1,000. This scholarship is awarded to an individual who desires to further her education and requires funding for the education process (tuition, books, etc).
1. Recipient must be a female high school senior.
2. Recipient must currently attend either Libertyville, Vernon Hills or Carmel High School.
3. Recipient must be seeking an undergraduate degree.
4. Recipient must have a strong focus in community service during her high school years.
1. Submit the information and/or materials outlined below:
- Application information sheet
- Personal statement outlining personal and professional goals
- Two letters of recommendation
- An official transcript of grades
2. The LJWC Scholarship Committee will select a panel of judges from their membership who will interview the top candidates and select the scholarship recipient. You will be notified regarding the status of your application in April.
3. Payment will be made to the Financial Aid authority of the program in which the student is registered. In some cases, the payment may be made directly to the student.
All materials may be sent to the following address or emailed:
Libertyville Junior Woman’s Club
Attn: Scholarship Chairman-Female Student Award
P.O. Box 893 Libertyville, IL 60048
Please note that incomplete applications will automatically be disqualified.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applications must be postmarked by March 12, 2018. Please direct questions to the LJWC Scholarship Chairman at the address noted above.
*Letters of recommendation should come from persons other than family members. You may want to contact a principal, teacher, clergy, employer, youth advisor etc. The Recommendation Form is included with the application.